Monday, November 5, 2007

Censorship

It is difficult to say whether or not certain subjects in our media should be censored. I am sure you as well as I enjoy the freedom that in particularly the First Amendment gives us.

I am sure you have heard "Ignorance is bliss." I often wonder if people would be better off remaining ignorant to some of the matters in this world. Then I think again, what would happen if we did not know. Just because we are blissfully unaware of something that is going on around us doesn't make it unreal.

But then again maybe it was the freedom of expression that got us in this tight spot in the first place. The human mind is darker than anyone really knows; when voiced and able to influence others the whiplash can be back breaking.

I don’t; think we should live in a place where we are unable to voice what we please. I just wish we could live in a place where we do not have to worry about what is being said.

1 comment:

Aracelyh said...

I liked about what you wrote good job